Thursday 2 August 2012

Day 1 leads to Day 2.......

Sorry I am late with my post, but it has been a hard working, busy day. What better way to end it than with a nice cold refreshment. It is 10:00pm August 2, 2012, and I am finally able to sit down and relax, so let's get to it..........

Day 2, and Beer # 2 in the 30 IN 30 is.....................

Great Lakes Brewery's Red Leaf Smooth Red Lager.

Are you excited, because I sure am. I have been waiting all day to finally be able to sit down and enjoy it. So here we go.

Upon first sip I am intrigued. There is a distinct taste which I can't quite put my finger on, so I'll dive in for another. It is kind of a nutty flavour but not a distinct nut. Don't mistake what I am saying, I love the taste. It is smooth and refreshing just different. It is the kind of taste which compels me to keep on having a sip. I know that there is a bit of a nutty flavour, but there is something more which I can't put my finger on or wrap my head around. I have to say after such a hard day of work, I am glad that this was my selection for the day. I find Red Leaf is the type of beer that you can sit, relax, have the idiot box on and sip away at all night.

There is a part of me which is trying to compare it to yesterday`s beer, Amsterdam Brewery`s Natural Blonde Lager, but there is no fair way to compare the two. They are each unique to each other and like yesterday`s beer, Great Lakes Brewery`s Red Leaf has definitely found a permanent home in my beer fridge.

I find as I am writing and my beer starts to warm that the taste gets better and better. I can`t get over this taste and I have to know what it is. I decided to make a stop on Great Lakes Brewery`s website (http://www.greatlakesbeer.com) and check out straight from the source what they say about Red Leaf. They say that Red Leaf Smooth Red Lager has "hints of caramel, nuts, and toasted malt". I guess I was right on the nuts but maybe it is the caramel I was tasting. Red Leaf is "a perfect match with burgers, stews, sandwiches, and similar selections". I guess I know what beer I am bringing to the next BBQ I attend.

Anyways, I would definitely like to get back to my beer. As the weekend fast approaches, and some of us may host or attend a BBQ I strongly recommend allowing Great Lakes Brewery's Red Leaf Lager to make an appearance.

Please, for the sake and safety of all, remember to enjoy your beer responsibly, and don't drink and drive.

Tap in tomorrow to find out which beer makes it onto the bar for day 3 of the 30 IN 30. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @30IN30Beck as well as at The Spotted Tap www.thespotttedtap.com to keep up to date on what I am drinking.

Thanks for reading

Sincerely,

Andrew Beckerson


The Craftsmen

No comments:

Post a Comment