Saturday 18 August 2012



August 16, 2012, Day # 11

Well let's get into our second 10 of the 30 IN 30. With that Beer # 11 in the 30 IN 30 is the Better Bitters Brewing Company's Nickel Brook Premium Organic Lager, so let's get to it.

I enjoyed this particular brew with my stir-fry dinner. I will say it was the prefect compliment to this dinner. I was expecting this beer to have a sort of bitter taste but was surprised instead by the refreshing, smooth easy drinking taste I was greeted with. Nickel Brook Premium Organic Lager is a more amber coloured beer than what I have been treated to recently. Again this beer is a little out of my norm, but I must say I am glad I have widened my boundaries and strayed outside my comfort zone for this one. This beer has a pleasant hoppy aftertaste which invites me to have sip after sip. The aftertaste is like a comedian. It leaves you on a high note and craving for more. As my first foray into organic beer, Better Bitters has definitely upped the ante with Nickel Brook Premium Organic Lager.

I decided to check their website (www.nickelbrook.com) to see what classifies this beer as organic. Nickel Brook Premium Organic Lager is "brewed using only premium, certified, organic malts and hops. The result is a full flavoured lager, copper in colour, which is balanced with classic German hops". This beer is "brewed to the standards of the Bavarian Purity Act".

To all of my friends out their who enjoy their food and drinks to be organic, than I say this is definately the beer of choice for you.

With that all said, I should get back to my dinner. Remember you can catch me on twitter @30in30Beck, or on The Spotted Tap (www.thespottedtap.com) to keep up to date with my beers of choice plus all the latest news for the craft brewing industry.

Remember to please enjoy your beer responsibly, and as always please don't drink and drive.

Thank you for reading

Sincerely,

Andrew Beckerson
The Craftsmen

No comments:

Post a Comment